Friday 15 January 2016

The tree

I am the tree, the soul of the forest green
Without me, there's no life, I ween!

My trunk furnishes your home with furniture
And my barks, a home for birds and creatures
My roots lie deep into the earth
And the green creepers decorate my girth

I stand by the summer's burning heat and winter's sleet
And offer you a cold recede
I catch the rain droplets, take the Sun's heat
Offer you with nuts and fruits to eat

In autumn, my golden gown starts to wither
Wait for the spring to cover me again, in shiver and somber,
My leaves form a brown bed, up and down the street
Whispering and rustling under your feet

You stop and lay in my shaded grassy ground
The breeze lifts you up, a soothing sound
The beam of my beauty reaching the azure sky
A shelter under me and heaven is nigh!

So, look at me, before you hurt me and raise your weapon
Cos, I am the handle of your own coffin
I am the tree, the soul of the forest green
Without me, there's no life, I ween!






Linking this post to Withrealtoads for the prompt tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment